We offer high-quality and quick no-fault divorce service if both sides agree to the terms of property distribution, alimony and child support. Call today to make an appointment with the attorney.
If your spouse does not consent to divorce, or if you and your spouse disagree over the conditions of property distribution, child custody (and support), and spousal alimony, you may like to schedule a consultation with the attorney.
In addition to divorce, we also offer prenuptial/ postnuptial agreement services.
Prenuptial/ Postnuptial Agreement
In New York State, absent a marital agreement, property acquired by or owned by either spouse during the marriage will be subject to equitable distribution. A prenuptial/ postnuptial marital agreement is a contract which helps clarify what you and your spouse would like to handle your and your spouses’ property and assets during the marriage and potentially in the event of divorce and death.
Specifically, they help define
- separate property, or the property or assets that you or your spouse bring to the marriage;
- marital property, which includes:
- the property or assets you or your spouse acquired during the marriage;
- separate property which you or your spouse wish to be subject to equitable distribution in the event of divorce;
- increased earnings/ appreciation of your property during marriage;
- property acquired as inheritance or gifts as separate or marital property;
- spousal alimony;
- child support; and
- whether or not pre-marriage debt stays with the spouse.
Troy Law specializes in the economic valuation of marital property and in drafting fair agreements to help clarify what ought to be classified as separate and marital property.
Contact us today at (718) 762-1324 to schedule an appointment with our experienced attorneys.